Business Development Manager
Gelato is hiring a highly motivated, English speaking, Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our API and Integrations team in our London Office. This is a full-time, high-activity role that will require you to build out a new API and Integrations pipeline in a new market.
Whilst we have customers in this market, you will be the first full-time BDM to be focused entirely on this market. You will have an entrepreneurial and consultative approach to Sales and will have experience building beachheads into new markets.
What you'll be doing
- Position Gelato as the most respected on-demand print cloud on the planet.
- Manage a full sales cycle focused on API and Integration customers.
- Generate new business opportunities and effectively manage the pipeline.
- Forecast monthly and quarterly sales.
- Provide input to product and marketing teams from conversations with customers.
- Manage contract negotiations during the sales process with support from the Head of Sales.
- Must meet and exceed your quarterly and annual quota targets.
- Approach all deals with a customer-first “ready to help” mentality.
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering.
- Accurately track all sales activity and forecasting in Salesforce.
Who you are
It goes without saying that we are looking for someone truly great. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a challenger mindset and a proven track record of new business generation combined with a passion for technology. The ability to understand customer requirements and identify solutions. You understand that change is constant, and you embrace it. You’re agile and resilient. You move quickly and encourage continued improvement. You have the right attitude to make Gelato a success and “win together”.
Moreover, we would like to see the following in your profile:
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- 1-2+ years of sales experience (SDR/BDR or closing role) with an interest in software
- Strong prospecting abilities and track record of building a new business including outbound prospecting
- Proven track record of success
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are an excellent team player.
- Strong work ethic and a competitive mindset. You always want to be at the top of the leaderboard.
- You have the ability, desire and willingness to learn independently.
- You have a curiosity about the data and analytics space.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM.
- This job requires some domestic and international travel.
What we offer
- Equity in our business - we want all team members to own a part of Gelato
- We accommodate for how you like to work, standing desk, etc. and provide all the hardware you will need (Macbook or comparable Windows machine)
- Healthcare for you and your immediate family
- The opportunity to work in a variety of locations around the world
If you have any questions you can contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this position